Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Baseball's Being Played? Coulda Fooled Me

So I got a new car. A black 2001 Ford Explorer to be exact. As much as I loathe Fords, the guy made my father "an offer he couldn't refuse". I took my Economics exam yesterday and even though I passed, I was totally unhappy about the grade. It's been at least 90 degrees for the past three days, and I'm honestly about to lose my damn mind. Oh, and the Red Sox swept the Yankees at Fenway and took 2/3 in the Bronx. My sentiments exactly. And why did I wait after I had explained my own personal goings-on to comment on this? Because both of the series were kind of boring. As a matter of fact, baseball has been boring thus far. Call me a person who needs excitement in her life all day everyday if you want, but you'll probably be right. I'm sitting here with a bowl of lefter over strawberry, raspberry, and lemon sorbet from ColdStone, trying to figure out what to talk about next.

I could talk about the Yankees and their seven-game skid dating back to a few days ago and how they're last in the AL East (yes, they're worse than the Devil Rays at this point) but no one would care (well, except me, I guess). Everyone knows no matter what Steinbrenner may say, he's not going to give Torre the heave ho. I could talk about the Milwaukee Brew Crew being in first place in the NL Central, and the St. Louis Cards being dead last, 6.5 games back, but once again no one would care. Everyone knows this'll probably be short-lived. I could talk about how poorly Carlos Delgado and David Wright are doing for the Mets right now. But guess what? You're absolutely right: no one would care. And you know why no one would care? Because the season isn't even at the 50-game mark yet. So there you have it. I suppose that's my reason for being so bored with the season...it's just too early!

R.I.P. Josh Hancock
4/11/78-4/29/07

No comments: