Friday, May 18, 2007

Yeah, Boi!

And I'm on Cloud 9 right now. Yes, I know the Red Sox have let me down many, many times before, but hopefully this time will be quite different. They are, get this, NINE AND ONE-HALF GAMES AHEAD OF THE NY YANKEES as of May 17, 2007. A repeat of the 1978 properly titled "Boston Massacre" it won't be...I hope. And, because I have to go to work in a few minutes, I shall finish this when I get off.

But yes, we're still in first place, 10.5 games ahead of New York as of right now (who just so happen to be in fourth place). Weather hasn't been cooperating with Boston as of late, being that the game that's on now was in a rain daily, and they've had to play 2 day-night doubleheaders in the past few days (against the Tigers and Braves, respectively). My stomach hurts, but that's neither here nor there. Right now, looks like the Sox are going to take 2/3 from the Braves.

To get off the Red Sox for a bit, Andrew Miller, who pitched for my school last year (UNC, baby!) and was drafted by the Tigers, made his first ML start Friday against the Cardinals. He debuted in relief for the Tigers last year, some 2 1/2 months after they drafted him. Wow. That's kind of rare these days, getting to the Big Leagues so quickly. I have no idea how he did in Friday's game because I didn't care to look, but okay. So I just checked it, and Miller pitched 6 shutout innings against the Cardinals for the win. Good for him! (I know the exclamation point seems a little sarcastic, but I honestly mean it). Call me weird, but I'm really excited about Sunday Night Baseball tonight, Yankees vs. Mets. I know, I know, but I'm starting to take a strong liking to Mr. D. Wright.

No comments: