Sunday, April 22, 2007

Record Breakers

My boys are back. I'm not even about to front; Red Sox started off this season pretty mediocre. They were 4-4 after the first eight games of the season, but when have the Red Sox ever started off the season in spectacular fashion in recent memories? They pushed out four straight homers (by Ramirez, Drew, Lowell, and Varitek, respectively) in the third inning, tying a ML record, to complete a series sweep of the Yankees @ Fenway. The Red Sox sweeping the Yankees at Fenway? That hadn't happened in almost 20 years. Lord, what I would've given to have been there. From what I've been hearing and seeing, the pitching in the series (on the side of the BoSox) wasn't anything to write home about. I didn't get to watch the series (I know, what a shock), but I know for a fact they were down in this game when Lowell stepped to the plate in the third inning, and they only won the series but a few runs, 7-6 Friday, 7-5 Saturday, capped off with a 7-6 victory today. But guess what? A win's a win's a win. I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em. I like how I'm using first-person like I'm actually on the team, ha ha.

**Barry Bonds hit a homer today and yesterday to come within 15 shy of Hammerin' Hank's record of 755. I'm not a huge Bonds fan, but I'd like to see the record broken.

Um...I'm really tired and it's way past my bedtime, but I'll definitely write another one of these things tomorrow...or later today.

No comments: