Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Rocket Blasts Off...Again

The Rocket, facing the Pittsburgh Pirates, got his first win in pinstripes since 2003 yesterday afternoon. And excuse me for being such a meanie, but I honestly didn't care. I mean, what else is new? Clemens proved to the world that he still "got it" at age 45, or however old he is. What's more important is the fact that I went to Victoria's Secret yesterday and the cashier undercharged me. Did I complain? Of course not! I hightailed it outta there as fast as I could. Yeah, I know. The ethical thing to do would've been to go back and tell her, but yeah. I'm sure she'll be alright. The Bosox almost swept the D-Backs, but Dice-K took the L in a duel against Randy Johnson. Sorry to say, but I had Unit coming out on top all the way. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I know it's still early, but I don't really think Dice-K is living up to all the hype the media created for him. Am I right? I'm always right, ha ha. I was a little upset with the media being all over David Wright's nuts at first, but now that he's breaking out of his 2007 shell, I don't mind it as much. Time for tidbits!

**Scott Podsednik is still not off the D.L. Lemme repeat that: Scotty Pods is still not off the Disabled List. He's been up there since about April or so. I'm not really sure what's wrong with him, but I sure could use him on my fantasy team again.

**Chad Tracy still isn't off the D.L. either, and he was batting .312 for one of my teams.

**I'm sitting here watching the Braves/Cubs game (only because there's nothing else left to watch) and Ted Lilly just got tossed in the first inning. I'm so serious right now. He plunked Edgar Renteria so Jim Wolf tossed his ass. I think that was a little much, but whatever. I'm not the ump.

**Andrew Miller, pitcher for the Tigers who used to play for my school (UNC, baby!) got his second win of the season against Tom Glavine and the Mets. Go Drew, baby!

**I'm really struggling in my Statistics class right now. I feel like giving up, but I'm not going to. I don't have the word perseverance tattooed on my wrist for nothin' :) Yeah, that's pretty much all for this time. I'm about to go heat up this leftover Bojangles, edit my essay, and call it a night.

No comments: