Tuesday, June 12, 2007

And I'm Shakin' Right Now

Why? Because Justin Verlander just threw a no-hitter. I don't know why, but as I watched that final out, I got chills all over, man. A no-no is a wonderful thing to watch, but imagine how I'd feel if I were at the ballpark? Hell, imagine how I'd feel if I were Pudge, who caught Verlander, or Verlander himself? Dude was throwing 102 MPH IN THE NINTH INNING. Nasty. Just freakin' nasty. Like, it was just sad to watch the Brewers submit to him. I don't know what I did to my blog, but it's ugly as hell now. Need to fix that asap. As for some Verlander stats, he was drafted 2nd overall in 2004 behind Matt Bush (and where is Bush now?), he was the 2006 AL Rookie of the Year, his no-no was the 6th in Tigers history, 1st one at home by a Tiger since 1952 and 1st one overall by a Tiger since 1984, 3rd guy to be named ROY one season and throw a no-no the following, um....he's not on my fantasy team no, but he should damn well be. Oh yeah, and he's only 24. Let me repeat that: He's ONLY 24. That's ridiculous, damn. If Curt Schilling had actually pulled out his "almost no-no" a few days ago, I'd probably have shat myself, so serious. Damn, Wikipedia sure does update stuff fast. It already has all the info and stuff up there. Wowzer. After hugging everyone, Justin's wife/girlfriend/fiancee/lady friend went out there to hug him. Looks like someone's gettin' "fellated" tonight.

No comments: