Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And His Sox Won't Be Red

I wanted Buerhle. God knows, I wanted him. Alright, so maybe that didn't sound right, but if you've been paying any kind of attention to sports news the past few days you probably know what I'm babbling about. White Sox are looking to unload Mark Buehrle, and according to the "grapvine" (yeah, the metaphorical gossip source), the Red Sox were looking to trade for him. When I first heard that, I nearly shat myself, no joke. At first, I didn't really pay attention to who the Sox would give up to get him; I was only concerned about seeing Buehrle, probably the most efficient pitcher in baseball, in a damn Red Sox uni. Then I got to thinking: who exactly would the Sox have given up in order to get the dude? Got question, huh? Yeah, probably. They already got rid of Hanley Ramirez and Freddy Sanchez in years past and look @ what they've become. Exactly. Jacoby Ellsbury, who's in the Sox system (Triple-A Pawtucket, I believe), is a very promising kid and had the Sox given him up to get Buerhle, dude would've probably gone on to win the fuckin' Triple Crown or something had he made it to the bigs. That's the kind of luck the Sox seem to have when it comes to giving up good prospects. But no need to ponder nor fret any further, for there won't be a trade...or will there be? Guess what? I have mosquito bites on my ankle and my diet SUCKS right now.

No comments: