Monday, April 09, 2007

The Real Barry Zito Needs To Stand Up

6 innings pitched, 9 hits, 8 runs (all EARNED), 3 walks, 4 k's, 1 hr given up, an ERA of 8.18. And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, was the line score for Barry Zito against the Dodgers yesterday. The Dodgers and Giants. That's like the West Coast's version of Yankees/Red Sox. For lack of a better word right now, I'm just appalled. He has yet to earn a win with that other Bay Area team. I'm trying my hardest to give Zito the benefit of the doubt, though. Okay, this is the first time in his career he's playing for a new team, this is his first time playing in the National League, whatever, blah blah blah. NO. Although I understand AL pitching is different from that in the NL, I honestly don't think it's that different. I mean, if you're a good, thorough player, you should be able to carry your weight in both leagues. Look what Roger Clemens did. But no need to push the panic button yet, folks. I have a feeling Zito and the G-Men will bounce back in no time. On a completely unrelated note, I am straight beasting the competition in MLB.com's 2007 open. And I'm not even talking about just in my division....I'm talking about the entire league! So, if anyone gets a chance to sign up for the game, just take a look @ Wowzer (my group's name).

I really don't know what's up with the Red Sox. Yeah, they have a pretty good lineup and pitching staff on paper, but whether or not they're producing on the diamond should be of a bigger concern...and they're NOT. So individually the players are doing okay (JD Drew has 9 hits in like, 23 at-bats, Dice K delivered phenomenal stuff, etc.), but they're only 3-3. They lost the opening season game against the lowly Royals (yes, the same Royals who pretty much had the worst record last season), and nearly got swept by the Rangers last night. Get it together, boys. Get it together.

What's really good with this damn snow in Cleveland? With the way the weather's been in North Carolina, you'd think it was late May, early June or something. It's sort of chilly out today though, but I digress. Okay, so from my understanding the Indians' home-opener was snowed out Friday. It was to be played in a doubleheader with another game on Saturday, which was also snowed out. Then those games were to be played Sunday, but that was also snowed out. I can do you one better, though. The games scheduled for tonight @ the Jake have been what? You guessed it: SNOWED OUT. Gimme a break, weather. I mean, seriously. And Grady Sizemore was on an offensive roll, with his cute self.

No comments: