Friday, October 19, 2007

Ohhhh Muh Gawd

The Sox won Game 5. What, did you expect me to start this blog off with some other information? Heck no, dawg! In my opinion, this is probably the most significant piece of Red Sox news of 2007. And if they win on Saturday, that'll be the most important. If they win Game 7, etc., etc. Josh Beckett, man...thank you. That's all I can really say. I have no money to give you, no gifts to offer you, seeing as though you can buy practically anything you want in this world. But just know that my "thank you" comes from the heart :)

Now, on to some more troubling news: Joe Torre walked away from a one-year managerial contract worth $5 million, with incentives that could've made it $8 mil. **Sniff, sniff**. Yeah, I know I'm not a Yankees fan in any way, shape, or form, but damn. I think it's really sad. I mean, he's been the manager since I was 8 years old. That's 12 freakin' years! He's a legend! I know I shouldn't joke around about this, but I think New Yorkers collectively committed suicide when they found this shit out, for real. I'm guessing this would be considered altruistic suicide, in the terms of Emile Durkheim, since it results from too much integration. See? Majoring in sociology does teach you something worthy of mentioning. I'm really, really, really, really, really hungry right now, so I shall dress myself and eat brunch.

No comments: