Monday, September 03, 2007

Elation

Written on: September 2, 2007


Wow. I don't even really know where to begin right now. I'm shaking, but it's an excited shake because I'm happy. Clay Buccholz, rookie for the BoSox, pitched a no-hitter against the O's last night. It was only his 2nd ML start so if this is any indication of how his career will be, good for him. I got in from wherever I was and turned to ESPNews, where I saw he had no hits through 5 innings. I decided to turn to the game and alternated between watching that and doing my homework. I was on edge the entire time and tried not to get too excited about it, or pay too much attention to it. But I definitely had to turn away during the 9th inning, but I turned back in time to see Buccholz strike out Nick Markakis. I was freakin' ELATED. And the only thing that sucks about it is that I had no one in which to partake in the joy. My family and most of my friends pay no attention whatsoever to baseball (or to sports in general) so I mean, I had to bask in the glory by my lonesome. But it was all right. Think it's bout time for me to purchase another Sox ballcap, so I need to get on that. I have to tinkle, but I don't feel like getting up. I finally got my oil changed yesterday, so my vehicle is now good to go. Would be nice to have a new CD player, but that's gonna have to wait. I have way too many bills to pay. My grandmother had a birthday party for herself yesterday, and it was pretty interesting. I usually wouldn't hang around old people like that, but basically everyone on that side of the family was there, my nephews, cousins, etc. We had a good time though, and the food was delicious. Is it wrong that I already hate school and we've only been in class for roughly two weeks? Maybe if all my classes were interesting, I wouldn't give a damn. But guess what? They're not. I'm not even gonna open this can of worms again because I've already talked about that in previous entries. I'm mad that The Departed is on Cinemax now. I love that movie, though. I have it at home, but I hardly watch it. I've noticed that once I buy a movie I really like, I'll wear it out for about a week and then never watch it again. I've watched the movie like, twice since I bought it though (b/c I'd seen it a million times prior). Now with CDs, that's a different story. I know when I got Amy Winehouse's Back to Black album, I freaking killed it for about two months straight, and I would probably still be listening to it if my car CD player worked.

No comments: